Thursday, May 16, 2013

Reflections: Radiant Light

I apologize for the posting delays.  This month is a time of transition for me.  We will be back running normally, with sound, by June 4.  Here's the post for today:

As I walk this journey, I will offer reflections on events in my life and share what I've learned from the experiences for your consumption.  Enjoy.

Recently, I watched my mother fulfill several of her dreams.  She obtained the terminal degree in her career area and was allow to get an almost free kitchen remodel on a reality television show.  Needless to say, we threw a large celebration to show how much we adored her.  Parties of that size, though, require work, so to make the party day practical, I put on stylish, long comfy dress to move quickly in - forgetting to even change my jewelry - to get work done.

Little did I know that this dress would be a hit!  I received more compliments than a few on the dress, and it was not even something I put on for the look.  Matter of fact, I felt like I had not tried with my outfit, at least not enough for it to matter.  My green leaf drop earrings with matching "y" necklace did little to accent the onyx, silver and scarlet colors in the dress.  I was the epitome of just trying to get the job done.  Still, I was baffled.  It was not until later that night when I realized the beauty they saw, that people complimented  was the light inside me.

I was so happy for the good fortune of my family, that my mood seeped through.  A simple dress, I felt, transformed because of the willingness to share love for another person.   I truly believe your inner essence radiates through, in addition to what you have on the outside. Psalm 89:15 "Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: thy shall walk, O Lord, in the light of your countenance". The pleasantness I wore also worked as a higher blessing, for all to experience.  

Consider, with your outer clothing, putting on a smile.  Allow it to shine through, as it is the best brand ever made.

ASM

No comments:

Post a Comment